Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Official Mix.

Well, I ordered a martini in a fancy-pants restaurant over the weekend.  And, very surprisingly, it tasted pretty much like what I've been making in my apartment.  I mean, no I don't suppose I have the attunement to taste subtle differences yet, but me throwing gin and vermouth on ice is apparently pretty darn close to the real recipe.  I'd also kinda thought that it might taste a bit better with higher quality materials; notsomuch.  Pretty much the only thing that makes martinis taste good is more martinis.

Also, I dislike having to specify what kind of martini I want.  If you walk into a hardware and ask for a claw hammer, they shouldn't ask if you want it made out of clay and flavored like strawberries.  I said martini, not vodka martini, not appletini, not chocofusion-tini.  That means gin and olives, since I didn't mention a twist.  I know it tastes terrible but I'm developing a skill over here.

No comments: