Friday, July 28, 2006

GTA Lessons Here!

I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay some 8 year old 25 bucks an hour for video game lessons. But that's cause I've got some pride. And skill. And I don't like people telling me how to do things, I wouldn't sign up for guitar or golf lessons either. When I think about it, this seems more and more like a legitimate business and less like those 1-900 tip numbers. People pay experts for advice in all kinds of things they want to get better at; why not video games? I guess the real hurdle you have to get over is that people train in and play games professionally. But look at baseball, tennis, golf, poker, or any number of other games that we're accustomed to hearing about as serious sports. Take a step back and every one of those seems just as ridiculous as pressing buttons as a career.

Northwest Florida Daily News: Want to get good at videogames? Hire a kid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a ps2 now so perhaps i can cyberstalk someone who can help me. thanks for the tip. :P