Monday, March 23, 2009

I Got It!

After getting so pumped up about google voice I had to sit and simmer till it was my turn to get upgraded. But the time finally came and it looks pretty snazzy. My google contacts are all there instead of my grandcentral ones, which is great because i never put much effort into my GC list. Also on the great list is the "call presentation" option. This is the message that's played when you answer a call from grandcentral. Your caller Id will give the caller's number, but when you answer a voice tells you who's calling and lists options to answer, send to voicemail, or listen in. This is a nice feature when you're not sure who's calling, but kind of a pain when I thought I was answering a call from a friend and have to hit 1 to actually talk to them. So now I can set either by group or individual whether I want to hear that prompt of just immediately answer when I pick up. Pretty sweet. The only downside is that if they do go to voicemail, it'll be my phone's vm, which won't transcribe and email me. Anyway, I'm still testing it out, but so far it looks pretty well thought out and the new SMS feature totally works. So your GV number now works like you'd expect a phone number would.

Here's a widget that'll let you leave me a voicemail:

(keep it clean)

No comments: