Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Should've Played Slots.

I've written about Mint before.  Its a webapp that consolidates all your financial accounts into a one-stop portal.  Newly added to the system is the investment tracker what allows you to see how many thousands of dollars you're losing through no fault of your own.  Pretty nice, huh?  Above is the raw performance of one of my mutual funds with the dollar amounts removed.  But that's not all, you can also see how much money everyone else is losing compared to you.Here's my performance against the Dow Jones over 6 months.  You can see me squeezing out a little more than the average and then, BOOM!  In the tank just like everyone else.  So the take-home here is that you shouldn't worry about how much money you've lost, cause I can nearly guarantee there's someone else who's lost more.  Thanks Mint!

No comments: