Thursday, February 15, 2007

Liquid Anger.

See? I'm not the only one who's pissed off about stuff all the time. There's Joel Johnson formerly of Gizmodo, who came back with a scathing diatribe about bleeding edge junkies. For all my talk about shiny new toys, I absolutely agree. People plunk down their cash way to early after hearing about "the next big thing." The last thing I bought was my tv a year ago and I researched and deliberated the crap out of that purchase. Granted, I was about 4 millimeters from buying a Helio phone last week, but Verizon ended up saving me with their early service termination fee. Thanks Verizon, you're my buddy.

Anyway, Joel goes off in a very amusing article about how every one who reads and writes this stuff is an idiot. I especially like: "clogging up the pipe like retarded salmon" that's good condescension and rich imagery.

Next up is Kevin Cowherd who's had it up to here with the trash that is local news. We got a little snow yesterday, not really enough to shut down a city, but they found something to talk about. Ice. Its dangerous, its right outside, and it wants to kill you. His send-up isn't quite as biting as the last one but its what everyone is thinking.
"The report featured a parka-clad reporter demonstrating how to shovel the slush on the sidewalk, as if we lived in Barbados and no one had ever seen slush before."
We should all print out copies of this and send it to the TV news rooms. Cause I'm not going to put the time and effort into writing down how stupid they are. I can't wait till the first sensationalist TV news report about how TV news stations sensationalize stories. "tonight at 11, you trust them with your life, but they may be lying to you. Tune in to see how irresponsible reporting is killing America."

No comments: