Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bush League Math.

Lets say that I took a look at my finances recently and I decided that I need to buy more beer, tennis shoes and Caribbean vacations. Like twice as much, and to make all that happen I'm going to stop buying toothpaste, bread and wood polish. Also, on an unrelated note I find that working 40 hours a week is cutting into my style so I'm gonna trim that back to around 29. I know that means less money for shoes and whatnot, but the shoe-buying agenda can't be stopped now anyway and I'll have a higher approval rating happier for a short while with more free time to drink and wear shoes. As a result, I'm gonna come up about $400 short every month which is no problem because I can just short the landlord a couple Benjamins or skim off the top of my kid's college fund. The rest will go onto a high interest credit card that I got in college.

What would you think? Would you put me in charge of 300 million people's care and protection? Maybe that just sounds extra crazy to me because I try to run a surplus monthly budget whereby I spend LESS than I make even after paying down the various debts I've incurred.

I'd like to introduce a bill to mandate that once a week for the rest of his term, a random American will be allowed to strike George Bush across the face with an open hand.

1 comment:

Five Cubed Skipper said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/business/05spend.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin