Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Un-Article.

I know I'm just perpetuating this but oh well.

Some high schooler has lied about being recruited by not one, but two college football programs. Ok, no biggie. I bet that crap happens all the time. Hell, there was a kid named Lyin' Brian who lived on my hall freshman year who was "recruited" by the skins as a kicker. Mhmm... Okay Bri.

The only news story is how the hell he got, and continues to get, national press coverage of this non-event. "Sub-par high school football player not pursued by college football recruiter" Wow, stop the e-presses so we can tuck that nugget on page D-2.

And like I said, I know I'm only making it worse. But I can only hope to convey the goal of this post is to point out the irony of a second USA Today article about a kid who shouldn't have had the first one written to begin with.


No comments: