Friday, February 15, 2008

You've Got My Number.

Wow. You know when you're watching TV late at night and the guy selling the whatever-no-one-needs describes someone in your exact situation? That's kinda how I feel right now. Stuff White People Like is a blog about, guess what... stuff white people like. And since I'm a fairly white guy (ever seen me dance?) I find it very interesting how pegged they have me. I mean check this out:
If you are in a situation where a white person produces an empty
bottle, watch their actions. They will first say “where’s the
recycling?” If you say “we don’t recycle,” prepare for some awkwardness.
Yep. That's about it. What else? Expensive sandwiches? Well, I've been trying not to eat out for lunch as much... mostly cause every time I throw down like eight or nine bucks on a sandwich. Co-Ed Sports. Are sailing, Ultimate Frisbee and Curling Co-Ed? Yesh. Japan. I love Japan. Its so... safe. I also apologize at the drop of a hat. Etcetera, etcetera.

I don't like divorce, but I'm not old enough for that, I haven't seen Juno yet and I don't like Priuses because I believe the car industry can do better. But other than those...

Go ahead and read through a few. If you're a white person, or know some white people it should be pretty amusing. I haven't made it all the way through yet, but I'm willing to bet that "having their quirky preferences pointed out" is in there somewhere.
Also on the stereotyping but amusing front, there's the Nerd Handbook with "How to hack your Geek." I'm not sure I fully qualify cause I don't need to spend a day in the dark to acclimate from traveling and I kinda pride myself on versatility. But most of this is fairly enlightening as to the geek mind. Like the relevancy flags and defining systems with rules, man I love figuring out how things work. Anyway, if you finish reading about white people and still want more, its a pretty reliable write-up.

No comments: