Monday, June 09, 2008

Better And Cheaper.

Well, I think they've fixed all the things that made me not buy an iPhone last year. (with the exception of a real keyboard) The only trouble is that those would have been impressive features for a phone last year. Now they're just rolling out an updated version they'd be idiotic not include these things with. Although the lower price point is a very good job. But aren't we done with 3G networks yet? I mean it seems like I was hearing a lot more about 3G at this point in 2G's lifecycle than I've heard about 4G. If that makes any sense. I spose one of the more exciting thing about the iPhone announcements today is the developer community's status; like the legit guys, not just the jailbreak folks. Although we shouldn't be surprised that Apple wants to start supporting 3rd party apps. The foaming at the mouth fan-boy-dev demographic is what sets an Apple phone apart from any other 3G GPS enabled phone on the market. They're adding value to Apple's product. But alas, or should I say luckily, I've still got another year on my current contract. So I won't have to debate whether or not its time to plunk down for a better, faster stronger cheaper iPhone. I'll just wait it out and see if they make it better and cheaper again in a year's time.

Although I do have to commend Apple for slacking up on the device release schedule. For a while there they were releasing a better iPod every two months, alienating their most devoted consumers who'd just ponied up for what was the baddest thing to hit white plastic. Good job taking a whole year to drop iPhone 3G guys.

1 comment:

dean said...

Don't your fingers hurt from pressing all those buttons on your phone?