Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To Upgrade Or Not To Upgrade?

Well, I'd been holding off on FireFox 3 at work because there are several add-ons I use that do not support it yet.  The most important of these was Mousegestures.  There's something very disorienting about dragging left and not browsing back to the last page.  But I decided that it was high time I move towards the future, lest I miss out on other wonderful features.  So I found another add on called FireGestures that looks to do pretty much the same thing.  The main difference being that the preprogrammed gestures are different and I'm faced with the choice of either learning the new ones or customizing to simulate my past environment.  I figure I'm changing other parts of my work flow anyway, so I might as well go for the whole shebang.  Here's a list of the new gestures I'm trying to remember... confuuusing.

back - L
forward - R
reload - UD
more reload - UDU

up level - DU
increment # - RURU
decrement # - RDRD

new Window - DRU
close Window - URD
minimize window - RUD
maximize - RDU

new tab - LR
close tab - DR
undo close tab - RL
previous tab - UL
next tab - UR

text size increase - LRU
text size decrease - LRD
text normal - LRUD

scroll to top - LU
scroll to bottom - LD

show only this frame - LDR
open frame i new tab - LDRU

open link in new tab (background) - D
open link in new tab (foreground) - U

save Image as - DLD
save image now - DRD

open all links in selection - RU

FireGestures options - LDRUL

No comments: