Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Honestly?

Dude who called me twice this morning at 5:37 and 5:38,
     Please don't do that.  I generally sleep (roughly) between the hours of 11:30 and 6:30.  I will definitely be cranky if woken from slumber during those hours, doubly so if its by an unknown caller with nothing to say.  A medical emergency, I could understand, but I'm pretty sure that "What's up? ... Sleeping? ...  [unintelligble] ... [unintelligible] ..." could have waited until at least 9:00.  I'm trying to imagine what time zone you could be calling from that this might seem reasonable, but I'm coming up blank.  So, to review: I didn't answer your first call because I didn't recognize your number and it was five thirty in the goddamn morning.  And I hung up on you after your second call because you had nothing interesting to say and it was five thirty in the goddamn morning.  Next time you wonder what I'm up to, please replay this exchange in your head and rest assured that the results would be very similar.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

unfortunate wrong number?

The other day I kept calling this body shop and getting a strange answering service message. I figured they were just busy and thier calls were being forwarded so I kept trying.

finally someone answered "WHATTA YA WAANNT!!!??"

I asked "is this Jims Auto Body?"

"NO this is Marty Romero.. whatta ya waant!?"

oops, I'd been harassing this poor guy all day.

maybe your caller was expecting who he was calling to be awake at 5:30am and said "sleeping?" wondering if they'd overslept since they didnt answer a bunch of times.

sucks man. sorry.