Thursday, February 12, 2009

Throw It On The Pile.

So I haven't really been able to tell that Helio was bought up by Virgin Mobile, aside from the various tech articles telling me it had happened. My phone still uses Sprint and Verizon towers, I still go to helio.com to check my account and my auto-pay schema is intact. So here's the first change that Helio customers have seen since the takeover.
We want to continue to keep you up-to-date on important changes like these now that Helio is Virgin Mobile. Your nights will automatically start two hours earlier, at 7PM. That's right, you'll get to enjoy unlimited talk time from 7PM - 7AM, Monday through Friday, and all weekend long. To get this extra talk time, all you need to do is keep using your Virgin Mobile service.
Huh... okay. I mean, I don't really come close to using the 400 minutes I get every month anyway (54 so far this month, which is pretty high), but if you want to throw in a bunch more free hours I guess that's cool. What would really get me hot and buttered would be a 100 minute plan for 30 bucks or something. Then I might care about the free night and weekends you're spreading around like tax breaks at a GOP rally.

No comments: