Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Couldn't Find A Men's Space.

I let handicapped spots slide, based on those few times I've actually seen someone that needed a closer parking space use them.  (WTF is up with all these people that get handicapped tags but are not hobbling into the store?)  And I occasionally feel bad when I think of parking in one of those "mothers to be" reserved parking spaces.  (Lets face it, its their own damn fault that they're in that condition to begin with.)

But I'm pretty sure my head will explode if I ever see a "women only" parking space.  I mean, no I don't feel unsafe in parking lots (except that one by the Food Lion and Radioshack, you know which one I'm talking about) and don't think I need to be under video surveillance to help protect me.  But if you can make some spots safer, why not make them all safer?  If you paint a bunch of spaces pink, you're basically highlighting the places where the criminals should assault their victims.

So obviously I don't fault the men of Bern for parking in these suggested chivalry zones.  But I do wonder what creative steps garages might take to shame them out of the habit.

No comments: