Thursday, June 28, 2007

Awesomely Awesome.

I was away at a GIS conference last week and missed out on all kinds or news.  You know, like Chaney positing that he's not a part of the Executive branch, and Bush's weird take on "amnesty".  ("Amnesty means that you've got to pay a price for having been here illegally") 

But none of this matters cause I came home to a host of Google web service improvements.  First is a new look for Google docs. Better organization and a swanky new look is never a bad thing.

Next the Photo Nuts on PicasaWeb added geotagging support for the images you upload.  Freaking awesome, I'd been doing this in Google maps using "my maps" but it was a little hard and you could tell a better way was just around the corner.

But no slackers themselves, Google Maps rolled out a feature that lets you drag your route and finds an alternate solution.  I'd been doing this by hand with the "add a destination" feature (this does the same thing) but its a lot smoother now.

Try them out and you'll see why I'm always on people to use their Google services.

No comments: