Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Need Help.

So I was flipping through catalogs as I used CatalogChoice to unsubscribe from everything that gets delivered to my house. (I'm now opted out of 14 catalogs under 7 current and previous residents)  And I got to the "Container Store" catalog.  Now, I've heard of this place before.  I'm not gonna say why or embarrass anyone by mentioning names, but I have.  Although I was never really clear what one bought there.  I guess I imagined a warehouse filled with different color Rubermaid tubs.  This is apparently not the case.  So here's where I need help:  How in the name of sweet jesus is this not called "the crap no one in the world could ever need store"?  I flip through the pages and I see pile after pile at the landfill stocked by junk people bought for under 5 dollars, kept in a drawer for 6 years, never used and then pitched.  I don't just not want to get this catalog, I wish this catalog... this store... I wish all this crap didn't even exist.  Now, in their defense this is the "Something Neat For Every Stocking" edition of the catalog, which might not be as much a reflection of the store as the instant gratification, delayed garbage culture of Christmas.  I dunno, I'm no socio-economist.  If you can get your hands on a copy you'll see what I mean.  COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.  WASTE OF SPACE.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DON'T PAY YOU FOR TAKING THIS JUNK.  Seriously, its like the Skymall catalog except delivered to my door and without a $700 wine cooling rack.  But don't go poking around my house for a copy, this badboy is headed straight for the recycling bin.

No comments: