Friday, November 16, 2007

That Magical Time Of Year.

Yes, I know, I get excited too.  Its the time of year for new tax laws!  Check out this one that gives low and moderate income workers extra incentive to contribute to retirement accounts.  (gives real hope to the prospect of social security panning out, doesn't it?  Its like the captain saying the lifeboats are in need of repair and handing out instructions for building your own boat.)  So in addition to the future benefits of my roth IRA, I'd get a credit on my return now.  Sweet, right?  But apparently the IRS and I have differing opinions on what "moderate income" means.  I mean, yeah, I know there's a lot of people who make less than me, but if you look at my area I'm right in that moderate to medium bracket.  Shouldn't that count for something?  Where's my damn tax credit?  Living in the city is expensive.

No comments: