Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back To The Dealer.

I've decided that I like owning an Acura. When I bought it I read about all the added service benefits and whatnot. Free roadside assistance, locksmithing, concierge... (whatever that is) But I took my car in yesterday because of some humidity in one of my taillights and it was a surprisingly painless experience. They gave me 2 new taillights, new transmission fluid, and a carwash all for the low price of - nothing. Well, that's not strictly true. I did put two gallons of gas into the loaner TL they gave me, but that's no so bad.

By the way, I don't know if I'll ever be able to seriously test drive another car. The TL handles better than a lot of cars out there and I still felt like I was driving around in a box truck. Don't get me wrong, you push that right pedal and turn the wheel and it hunkers down a bit instead of flipping over like a box truck. But that gentle rocking like ripplets from the breeze is just something that doesn't happen in my car. Of course taking potholes in my car is kinda like smashing your ass on the pavement, so I understand the trade-off. I'm just saying it feels weird.

So while I'm pleased with the service, its not like I'm headed back for every oil change. I'm pretty sure I'll be less pleasantly surprised once they start charging for stuff.

No comments: