Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sucking the life from me.

I like writing, i really do. I know you've got several weeks of evidence to the contrary but you have to realize that I've got other shit going down sometimes. This month in particular happens to be a storm of the aforementioned excretion.

The point here is that i actually started writing some of my thoughts down on paper this week, since I've got paper readily available for note-taking. I noticed that I actually do write all the time, i just normally don't have a method of recording it. And i haven't recorded all my thoughts this week... But I've made a better run at it than usual.

The key is realizing that your normal internal dialog is valuable and not a complete freakshow. Yeah, you think things that no one should ever hear, but the vast majority of your thoughts would be an art, if properly focused.

So, the take home here is not the actual account of what I've written this week (yet) but an observation about modern media. I've been pretty tired a couple nights this week, and although I have narratives I'm aching to conscribe, the lure of tv has snared me. Just an observation, don't let the media stifle your own creativity. Even if its just a stupid blog that no one reads.

No comments: