Friday, January 09, 2009

Future Yet?

Speaking of archives, what the hell happened to this? Its 2009 for crying out loud! I want my damn magic brakes.
I was reading various things about CES this year, and it seems like companies have been working on thinner screens and denser flash memory.  We're all gonna have 500GB in our pockets and not think its a big deal in a few years.  The new SD standard will max out at 2 TB.  Wireless charging, folding, rolling displays, ubiquitous 3G+, touch screen, EV, UAV.  All this stuff just seems like the logical next step that I've been wondering about for the last few years.  And now, I'm not all that excited about it.  At what point are we going to have the stuff to be in the future?  Maybe I should just stop paying attention to technology news and be completely amazed when advances trickle out to the consumer market.  But I don't wanna.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

2010 is creeping on us.. and still no fucking flying cars or hover boards.

the only thing Back To the Future 2 has gotten right so far is a MLB team in Florida winning the world series.