Thursday, January 29, 2009

Second Impressions.

Last year I got a loaner TL from Acura when I took my car to the dealer for some work. It was nice, but not, like, amazing. Today I got an 09 TL, and let me say, that car is a little sick. I wasn't too sure about the wireless key whatchamadeally at first, but now I'm pretty sure I like just walking over to the car, opening the door and pressing the go button. (it adjusts the seat to the key id's preferences too) The back-up camera is a little bit of over-kill, but I could see it being useful in certain situations. But it does tilt the side mirrors for reversing, which I love. The nav system is pretty sweet too, once you figure out the basics, and live traffic updates is awesome. I usually have to get out my phone for that noise. But best of all for this weather is the traction control that keeps the wheels from spinning when I lay down the I-don't-know-how-many horsepower all over the slushy blacktop. There's also a little light that blinks when I go around corners really quickly too, but I can't see what it says, I'm busy looking elsewhere. I still love my car, but quite honestly this car is way nicer and I'll miss a couple things when its gone. Too bad they don't make it in a two door on a civic-like platform. I just don't need this much car.

2 comments:

Five Cubed Skipper said...

Plus you could seriously cut a wheel of Havarti on that grill! not Roquefort, though - apparently Bush hated that stuff:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/28/AR2009012804071.html?nav=rss_email%2Fcomponents

jeadly said...

Yeah, it's got a buck toothed grill, I'm not trying to say it doesn't. I;m not in love with the way it looks, just some of the features packed inside. Have you seen the back? It looks like the front of an aggressively styled tall-car. Also you know how I hated the new grills on veedubs and audis? well i'm pretty sure they've grown on me; they're not the worst thing in the world any more.