Thursday, January 08, 2009

Redefining Presidential.

Can is be? Eight years gone by so swiftly? Oh the good times. Luckily the BBC has a recap of various Bushisms that help blur past all the unpleasantness and corruption. Lets take a gander.

"They misunderestimated me."
Yes, but little did we know in 2000 by how much we had misunderestimated this wet noodle.
"I think war is a dangerous place."
Well, that's very true, I suppose. If war were a place it would be dangerous. Good.
"the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
Jebus, the Iraqis didn't hear this one did they? Cause it would have probably scared the shit out of them, what with it at least sounding coherent.
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
I know.
"I have set high standards for our public schools, and I have met those standards."
Well, public grade schools anyway.
"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
Lets hope he wasn't eyeing the McDonald's drive-thru menu.
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
But if I think fish have started making wmd's, they're going down.
"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law."
What're you, a lawyer now? Lets leave the fancy talk to the attorney general.
"A leadership is someone who brings people together."
That's probably a technical term from the air national guard. You know, 'form up on the leadership' or something.
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."
Yes, I imagine you've out smarted us all. Somehow.

No comments: