Thursday, December 14, 2006

Beta Is Better?

Well I've made the switch to Blogger Beta. I'm not exactly sure why, except that they wanted me to. Sure there are a bunch of new features like WYSIWYG template editors and labels. But apparently you have to choose a Beta template to take advantage of any of that. So now I have to reimplement all my customizations in the new system to get anything out of it. Also some of the formatting is a little screwed up through the transition. There's a white space just south of the banner that shouldn't be. Oh and the blogger nav bar doesn't hide any more, so I need to move my logo. I thought that was a nice compromise, hiding the bar. But apparently I've got some work ahead of me to get back to normalcy.

Update
Maybe I can do labels without switching templates...

Update Too
Oh wow, no more publishing. If you've never bloggered, you don't care. But for the rest of you there's no 45 second - 5 minute loading screen after you write a post. They're stored in a database and the pages are rendered on the fly as readers request them, not pre-published when the changes are made. Now there's the kind of bad-ass improvement I'd expect when Google takes over.

No comments: