Friday, December 08, 2006

Daily Placebo: Friday Frenzy.

Well damn, here it is Friday afternoon and I haven't gotten to a single post today. I hate that feeling of being behind and putting it off till Monday so what do you say? Can I just cram all this stuff into one long unrelated post with no thought to consistency or quality? Can I write bland descriptions with no bite, no sarcasm and no witty repartee? I'd like to think I can do anything I put my mind to, so here goes.

Holy crap! A president giving himself and all his friends a pay cut in a effort to make government spending more accountable and transparent. Can we let this guy fill in for the rest of Bush's term?
I love Tesla Motors so bad and not just cause they're making electric Elises. They're gonna license their battery tech to other companies, which is awesome. It will get the market rolling on EV rather than having competitors languishing trying to make a non-exploding battery.
Bush thinks there are monsters in the closet. And democrats in the Congress. He's right about one and letting *gasp* big polluters get nailed to the wall like they should.
Laser weapons are coming! Well they're still a ways off, but still. They're increasing in power and that mythical beast of a 100 kw laser can't be far off. Just think we'll finally be able to have space wars like in Moonraker. Too bad we won't have a courageous leader to get us stuck in a Martian occupation for 35 years.
You're an ambulance driver. You were making a 12 mile trip. You had GPS. You drove 200 miles the wrong way because the machine told you to. There will be no robot uprising, they're just going to kill off idiots with slight misinformation.
North Korea stole our ship. I think we should get it back. Honestly, I'm no history buff, but I'm shocked about the events I had no idea happened.
Wait, nix that thing about Bush not being able to get us caught up in an unethical occupational war on Mars. He's already got the ball rolling. NASA has its plans for a permanent base on the moon. Which makes perfect sense. Where are we going to take and illegally detain and torture all the captured combatants?
Kite sail ahoy. You poofters all thought I was crazy when I first blogged about this, but its here. Tankers supplemented by big-ass kites. Never doubt me.
The UK gets it. They've got the congestion charge to help reduce traffic in the city. But wait there's more! The fee is waived for users of EVs plus they're installing free stations so you car can charge while you're parked. Oh and they're increasing the congestion tax for SUVs. Sweet.

No comments: