Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ever Been Out Of Control?

Here's the company responsible for developing the kite supplemented tanker I wrote about a little while ago. Its a cool idea, but I'm a little put off now that I know more about the product. See, when I was like 14 I wondered if we could fly a kite off the fore deck to get a little more downwind oomf. Just chalk me up another idea that someone else got to first. Cause apparently that's how this company got going; they'll build a kite sail for your boat and show you how to use it. They guarantee you'll sail faster or they'll buy back the kite. I'm thinking maybe if your boat blows at going downwind you could get one of these and not use the asymm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Thanks for the ink. Unless you were 14 a *long* time ago, you weren't the first to think of this. We've been doing this since 1978; but we were 150 years behind the Englishman, George Pocock who was doing it--and writing about it--in 1827