Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just Stick An EZ Pass On My Bag.

Hmmm... I was reading something last week about personal information and security and governmental agencies... What was that? They're really, really good at securing personal information they harvest? No, that wasn't it. I'm sure it'll come to me eventually.

Anyway, did you know about this program? The TSA was creating a "verified" traveler program for frequent travelers whereby an individual could pay to get on a kind of "no-fly" whitelist that lets you bypass all the normal security checks at a participating airport. How very nuvo-american; people with money don't have to wait in line. Brilliant! But wait, I thought the security lines were there to verify that people are who they say and to make sure they're not transporting anything ellicit (either knowingly or unknowingly). Wouldn't you have to set up a separate line to verify the "verified" passengers? Won't that take more TSA agents and just slow down the cattle economy class lines?

Also, if you were a bad-guy, wouldn't you try to get through the less rigourous screening process? I mean, what if the names and private identity information of everyone on the list was accidentally lost? All someone would have to do is pretend to be a "verified" passenger even though they're not. That'd probably make this whole thing seem like a really bad idea, huh?

Don't they have this same thing at amusement parks so rich bastards can skip the lines? I mean, that pissess me off like nobodies' business and its not even in the name of so-called "secuirty". I mean COME ON!

1 comment:

Kirk said...

an oops of epic proportions