Thursday, August 14, 2008

You're Jamming Up My Tivo.

So last night I watched three (count 'em, three) blocks of Olympics that my Tivo box snagged for me. The first I believe was a reasonable 4 hour block which contained some swimming finals (that I'd already read about 6 times before I got home) and other mildly interesting things like diving and gymnastics. The second was a 7 (SEVEN!) hour time sink with soccer, table tennis, beach volleyball, rowing, etc. And the final block was the most reasonably clipped 3 hour Olympic coverage I've experienced with kayaking, boxing and women's basketball.

Now you may be saying to yourself "Sweet son of jambalaya! How in the name of Zeus' butt hole did you manage to fit 14 hours of tv in after an 8 hour work day?" To which I respond, you my friend are not aquainted with tivo's 60x fwd mode and judicious use of the "skip to the next half hour mark" button. So while I'm aware that fits of soccer and boxing flashed on my screen, I wouldn't say that I watched any of those events. The table tenis and kayaking were interesting for a while, but I gotta tell you those Olypmic badmitten players are goddamn insane! I can't even keep track of the shuttlecock and they're smashing and diving all over the place to keep that badboy up. Don't miss out.

Of course once I was done fast-forwarding through NBC's saptastic coverage I had to stop watching tv, because my Tivo hasn't been able to record ANYTHING else for the past two days. Nice job, NBC scheduling gurus, you completely boxed-out the competition. Too bad the result isn't increased eyeball to NBC time, but rather me throwing in a DVD for the first time in several months.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I've been getting home really late and I think I've actually been catching some of these events live.

China are cheaters.

GO USA!