Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Look Ma, I Didn't Die.

Its amazing what men can accomplish then that little voice who lives in your head and warns you not to do stupid shit goes completely bat-shit-bonkers.  This guy "flew" from Oregon to Idaho using a bunch of balloons.  Mythbusters took this idea on a while ago and decided that it was feasible and very dangerous/stupid.  What could possess you with enough motivation to actually carry something like this out?  And even if nothing goes wrong, you're still that dude who flew a lawn chair to Idaho; at best a 20 second clip on the news and a slot in Guinness till the next wackjob steals a air canister from Applebee's.

(By the way I object semi-strenuously a the use of the term "fly" in this context.  I mean flight should deal with lift and air speed, not just buoyancy.  Otherwise I could claim that I fly sailboats all the time.  So, he floated to Idaho; which is still bonkers)

No comments: