Monday, July 23, 2007

Stop Following Me.

So, I'm pretty well moved in to my new house.  I actually got to spend the weekend in the city for the first time too and it was pretty awesome.  For the first time I understand why I've been driving farther to work for about a month now.  Speaking of which, you may remember a few months ago I was complaining about how they tore up 29 making my commute in a shiny new car literally painful.  Well, they wrapped that project up and the road is beautifully smooth now.  However, terribly ironically, about 2 days after I moved they ripped up Connecticut to resurface it, so I'm straight back to bumpy commuting hell.  I also had an interesting feeling this morning.  The speed limit on Conn is 30; there is photo enforcement, speed traps more often than not, and signs saying that the lights are synced for 30.  But people still drive a bit faster than that and I feel kinda like Chevy Chase just got fed up and put us all in "time out".  Fine if you can't use the road responsibly we'll take it away.  So now the traffic moves at more less 30 the whole way over what amounts to a dirt road with concrete shrapnel, dust clouds, 4 inch potholes and merciless road joints.  Super fun.

No comments: