Thursday, July 26, 2007

No Top Gear For You.

Well, they can't get shit done for me again.  There were plans to bring Top Gear, the British motorcar show, to the US for our personal consumption.  But one of the stars of the show couldn't bare to live in LA for 3 months away from his family.

Which -brace yourselves- I find perfectly fucking reasonable.  I wouldn't want to live in LA either; especially not for a driving show.  What I am pissed off about (I know, you were worried I wasn't going to yell at anyone) is the fact that they think they should make a Top Gear in America specifically for American consumption.  What?  You've got a perfectly good show, and even quite a few seasons in the can, why don't you just put it on the god damn air?  Afraid we won't be able to understand the accents?  Or more afraid that we'll see the awesome cars they get in Europe and cry out at the US automotive industry?  You decide.

No comments: