Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Feline Disobedience.

Well that was fun. Everyone get a chance to feel like a responsible citizen? I'm actually kinda proud of Maryland; since we've been using these new fangled machines for a while we know how to turn them on and actually have an election. Unlike the folks in Cleveland or Hartford.

And the poll workers' touch screen voter database seemed like a nice improvement. Last time I worked a poll we had a box of cards with people's names on them; which worked great until someone didn't have a card. But when I told the poll workers that I needed a provisional ballot, they just looked up my old address and confirmed where I live now, printed me out a ticket and sent me over to the paper ballot corner. See, I've stumbled onto a non absentee ballot paper alternative, just rock out the provisional ballot. So no, I didn't make a big fuss about having to use a flawed and unconformable device.

But some people did. Like a guy in PA who (might be a little crazy) smashed his Diebold machine with a metallic cat paperweight. It doesn't really destroy any of the votes, but it does say 'I don't like this'. Maybe next time three people will do it. In harmony. And they may think its a movement - the smash a diebold with a metal cat movement. And all ya gotta do to join is just sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar...

No comments: