Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sit On This.

Like biking? Like sailing? How about this contraption? Its an electric assist recumbent sail bike. You heard me. You can pedal it, you can sail it, or you can just let the motor take you. The article says its street legal in all 50 states, but I think you'd have to be crazy to try and ride one of these around in a city. I taught sailing in downtown Baltimore and you can get some crazy gusts and downdrafts coming off of buildings or through side streets. Imagine calling in to work and saying "I'll be a little late, I capsized my recumbent electric sail bike in traffic and can't get it untangled from the Jimmy next to me."

So lets keep it to the open spaces, huh folks? That said, this is a pretty cool toy to have available to people with a longer than you'd like suburban commute. They say it tops out at 40 mph, so wear your helmet; and maybe a lifejacket.

No comments: