Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Squeezing Every Last Dime.

Hmmm... how to get even more money out of the Star Wars franchise?  Oh, of course!  Lets start launching props from the movie into outer space to try and drum up hype for the non-too-terribly exciting 30 year anniversary of the series.  Now before you go getting too excited, they're not really jettisoning Luke's lightsaber to float through the galaxy forever.  They're just throwing it into the glovebox of a space shuttle and ferrying it around the block.  Yeah, less cool than you imagined.  But wait; there's more!
"Chewbacca... will officially hand the lightsaber over to officials from Space Center Houston during a ceremony at the airport."
Awesome, I can't even remember the last time I've seen some guy dressed up in a wookiee suit.  Of course he won't be alone, both the Fetts, R2-D2, numerous stormtroopers and basically anyone without a face that has aged 30 years will be helping out with the Olympic Torch-like relay across the country. 

Give me a freaking break, George.  I've bought 5 of the 6 movies on DVD, I'm not sure what else you want from me.  Ok, yeah I know.  You want me to buy episode 1, but I just can't throw down $8.50 for that red-headed step-bastard of a Star War that you call son.

No comments: