Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Star Search.

Well, we're in the process of picking out a new roommate.  Its quite the ordeal.  At first we thought we'd get lucky enough to have a friend or acquaintance move in there, but that didn't pan out so we released the listing into the wilderness of craigslist.  I don't really craigslist (and when I say don't really, I mean really don't) and its not because I don't like it.  And its not because it doesn't work; in fact the only thing I might have against it is that it seems to work too well and there's no way that it'll work so well if I tried it.  Sound logic, I know.

Anyflu, we've gotten a downpour of inquiries, all from pretty much the same person: laid back, respectful, neat, outdoorsy, non-smoking, young professionals.  So I guess craigslist is hitting our target demographic, but now the trouble is trying to pick one.  And I've begun to realize part of my selection process is name discrimination.  If I can't imagine myself saying the person's name on a daily basis, they get the axe.  Sounds rough, yeah, but lets face it.  I'm not good at ranking things or evaluating people's flaws, so this is pretty much the only metric I have to go on.  Hopefully we'll get this done with so we can get down to business.  Getting a house team together for foosball, shuffleboard, and Super Mario Strikers.

2 comments:

Five Cubed Skipper said...

uhm, duh, selection criteria as follows:
1) female
2) hot
3) no BF
4) rich
5) doesn't ever want to borrow your car
6) will start drinking in the afternoon so you can get to work the next day
7) likes video games
8) doesn't mind occasional accidental nudity
9) will landscape your crappy front lawn as a "hobby"

DONE!

Kirk said...

when i was looking for a bass player apparently i wasnt specific enough.

we got some real freakos calling.

you cant really put "no freaky old burnt out retards" because they dont really see themselves that way.

if they knew they were crazy, they wouldn't be crazy right?