Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chocozuma's Revenge.

Wow, this makes a lot of people seem much more reasonable to me.  I eat chocolate.  I have no problem with it.  But it doesn't make my heart beat faster and I don't think about it when I don't have it.  I have no preference between Skittles and M&M's.  I like cheese cake better than chocolate cheese cake.  There IS such a thing as too much chocolate; chocolate chip chocolate cookies for example.

So I seriously did not understand why some people seemed to go apeshit, pardon my french, over something so stellarly ordinary.  But this preliminary study of the various (and differing) strains of bacteria living in peoples' stomachs sheds a bit of light.  Some people actually do feel a basic drive to consume chocolate, while others simply don't.  Huh.  Sounds as plausible as any reason I can think of.
P.S. That cookie post was talking about Pepperidge Farm's Cranberry Oatmeal cookies.  So no, its not evidence of irrational chocoholism.

No comments: