Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lingual Assumptions.

How come you can translate an entire language that I don't speak, but I'm the one who has to tell you the language of origin?  I don't know what it means, I obviously don't speak the language I'm trying to interpret.  How the hell am I even sposed to know what its called?  Or even pick from a list of languages I don't speak.  I feel like you could take a better stab at picking a source dictionary than I could.  Heck, try it with a few languages if the words are similar.  I'll decide what's gibberish in my own tongue.

1 comment:

Five Cubed Skipper said...

you know what's fun, type in your English to ____________translation, then translate it back to English... and see what you get. use the copy and paste feature to make sure that there is nothing but Google's translations at work...e.g "how do you spell words using a language that doesn't have an alphabet?" (ENGLISH TO TRADITIONAL CHINESE)-->
你如何說明文字使用的語言沒有文字?(CHINESE TO ENGLISH)----> "How do you use the word no written language?"

NICE it's like the telephone game you used to play in middle school.