Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Three Inch Fangs?

I'm pretty glad I don't live in a city where I have to worry about being thrown off a balcony by macaque monkeys.  They're smaller than many species, but aggressive and roam through populated areas stealing and vandalizing.  Mostly they've learned that people have food and can be intimidated out of it more easily than most animals.

I've never fought a monkey, but I like to think that I could scare off two of three of these things if I wanted to.  Given access to a sturdy club, I'd raise that estimate to 5.  Of course monkey bites seem like one of the less pleasant ways to get herpes B.  So I guess it would depend on the type of food I was defending.  This does make me want to learn some type of bare-handed self defense/ monkey fu, but I spose it would be simpler to just get a gun.  And honestly if I thought there was a chance they'd actually take something good from me, I'd do my best to destroy it before they could.  Note to self: get can of hairspray and lighter prior to visiting New Delhi.

No comments: