Monday, January 29, 2007

Internet Magic.

I don't usually get songs stuck in my head that I know nothing about.  For instance:  you know that Safeway commercial with the cut-out people that should be way more annoying than it actually is?  Maybe you're annoyed with it but I've only seen it three times and one of those was on purpose.  Well I know virtually nothing about that song, but I can still find out that its the Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger because I know it came from a commercial, I remembered that it was on during 30 Rock last week, and the third time I saw it I noticed it was an add for Safeway.

Well this is for those of you being driven crazy by a tune that you know nothing about except that its in your head and you can't get it out.  Before you take a drill to your temple, check out Midomi.  Its a site that claims to be able to identify the wretched impression you come up with whether it be whistling, humming or some other machination.  I'm not sure how accurate your pitches have to be or how long of a clip you'll need to produce, but its probably worth trying out.  If only so you know that no one should be able to identify what you thing you're humming.



No comments: