Monday, January 22, 2007

Your Dog Is So Fat, When He Sits Around The House...

Only we have such a surplus of unnecessary social and health issues that we're forcing them on our animals.  That's right, our dogs are so obese that the FDA has just approved the first Doggy Weight-loss drug.  Well, not all dogs, only 5% of them.  But that's still 62 million canines that are needlessly pudgy.  You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that belong to "people [that] take their dog to the fast food joint or drive-through for an ice cream cone or hamburger."  I'm imagining that these puppies don't exactly get a lot of exercise either.

Pfizer isn't really sure how the drug works at this point, even after testing it on 500 fat dogs.  But they want to make sure people understand that its only for dogs, not cats or people.  "The most common side effect of the drug is vomiting – others include diarrhoea and lethargy."  Uh, yeah I bet I'd lose weight too if I was on a drug that made me puke and shit all over the place.  You guys need me to explain how that works?

No comments: