Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Whole New Year To Complain About.

Well, my origami calendar ran out. Guess that means its a new year already, and time to pick a new calendar. But it seems like a lot of pressure. I mean, I have to look at this thing for a whole year. Should I go with puppies? Or tropical beaches? Or Windows error messages? I did like the origami concept because you used the pages you tore off every day. Although to be honest, I mostly just made cranes and not the lesson for the day. Which means now I've got a shelf of about 200 brightly colored cranes in my office. So, yeah, I used the pages. But they're just taking up space now. I figure I should decide what to get soon, because the longer I wait, the more wasted pages it will have. I wonder if calendar companies ever thought of prorating partially obsolete calendars...

Anyway, I know you've been saddened by the lack of posts lately. But I've been sick which doesn't really make you want to read about trivial crap all day. Its not an excuse, just a reason. Lets see if I can't find some dumb stuff for you. Oh good I've got like 20 things that seem like old news because they happened last year. Whatever, its new to you.

Sydney (AU, not MO) is going to pull a Mr. Burns this year and pull the plug at the end of march so that its citizens can see what dark is really like. Pretty sweet.The Japanese are using a bustrain that rides on rail and roads. The tireless wheels retract like that truck in Lethal Weapon 4. Or maybe in Die Hard 3, I can't remember.
This small town is tired of being out in the dark. Especially so in the winter when they get less sunlight than your unmentionables. So they've built a big-ass mirror to reflect the sun over the mountain to get a bit more daylight.
Back to Japan where the University of Tokyo has made a conductive plastic sheet. Sounds boring? Think outlet wallpaper. No more pluggin stuff in, just hang that tv on the wall and its good to go. The noteworthy part is that this material only routes power to the place where an object is demanding it, not the entire sheet.
Sneaky solar roofing. No longer do you have to ruin the aesthetics of your home to harness the sun with a big black box. Its kinda like using solar tiles in addition to the normal tiles.
Pro baseball players start professional video gamer league. Ummm... what? You're good at baseball, and its boring enough just watching you do that. You really think I'm gonna hang around watching you suck it up at Gran Tourismo?
I've said it before: Solar tech is only getting better. 16% more energy with 50% of the area. (wait isn' t that just 32% more energy with the same area?)
Guy gets caught cheating at chess via blue-tooth headset in India. It took 18 months, but they finally caught on that his huge hat covered his ears was more than a lucky charm.
California is looking to take the title of largest wind producer away from Texas. They have plans for a new 1500 Megawatt facility that'll get the job done.
The Bush admin has instructed Grand Canyon personal not to tell visitors how old the landmark is because that would eliminate the possibility that it was created by Noah's Flood. Seriously? We're not allowed to tell people about the factual evidence because it might upset them? Maybe this is why the majority of our country doesn't believe in evolution and fantasizes about their sisters at night. No child left behind means every child is the stupidest child in America. I bet GeeDub was a stupid child.

No comments: