Friday, September 21, 2007

It Only Makes Me Want You All The More.

Why is it that the most endangered animals are always the most useful \ delicious? This time we're on the useful side of things, so put away your exotic animal themed chef's hat. The Guatemalan beaded lizard is a venomous lizard that numbers in the sub 200 specimen range. Turns out that its venom is dy-no-mite for treating diabetes. Too bad everyone can't just carry around their own lizard and suck a little juice out of whatever hole lizard poison comes from.

Alright, get that hat back out. I got to thinking, I've actually eaten very few of the worlds numerous types of animal. So few in fact that I could probably list them all right... now.


Animals I've eaten:

cow
chicken
pig
turkey

deer
lamb
duck

kangaroo
hot dog

various unexciting fishes (tuna, salmon, cod, white, blue, one, two)
lobster
crab
shrimp

other sea dwelling creatures that do not deserve to be mentioned


And I think that's just about it. If you can think of one I'm missing comment or email me and I'll add it. But now for the exciting part. What animals I'd like to have eaten.

Animals I would like to eat:
dolphin
kiwi

rabbit

bear

seal

starfish

manatee

hippopotamus

elephant

impala

tiger
peacock

penguin
komodo
dragon
porcupine
panda
bushbaby

more exciting fishes (angler, piranha, clown, shark)

  • Experienced gastronoms take a look at the menu or today's specials and let me know what looks good.
  • And for you novice carnivores, check out the "farm animals I'd like to eat" home edition. Print it out and keep it on the fridge to help you keep track of the deliciousness.

No comments: