Thursday, September 13, 2007

Still Not Crazy.

Whew, I almost thought I was going senile for a second there.  I got a message from downstairs saying that I had a FedEx package.  Now, I like packages and am not one to argue, but I was pretty sure that I hadn't ordered anything else recently.  I knew there were three things: my micro SD card, my stereo bluetooth headphones and a couple of DVD's.  What else did I buy?  Who would be using FedEx?  Is it a bomb?  How would bombers get this address?  Anyway, by the time I went down to get it, I'd talked myself out of the mail-bomb hypothesis, and into the "you're an idiot if you can't remember what this is before you open it" persuasion.  So I sat at my desk looking at the box.  It wasn't small.  Had a wee bit of heft and felt like it had something good inside.  (you know that kinda box under the christmas tree that, though you have no idea what it contains, you're positive the noises it makes when shaken are indicative of wonderfullness)  So after a few minutes I still had nothing and was ready to accept that I was, in fact, a moron.

So I bust into it.  Its a bluetooth headset. ...  Yeah, I already got my bluetooth headset in the mail.  This one is from Helio along with an invoice for zero dollars.  Yep, my mobile company is so awesome they just mail me random gadgets for free.  No, I'm just kidding.  When I bought my ocean I used an AmEx code that was good for $100 off the device; apparently also included with that deal was a free headset that I didn't add to my shopping cart when I checked out.  So it looks like Helio tracked down my omission and sent me the prize I deserve.  I do like surprises.  So now I have two headsets: one for listening to music and taking calls, and one for being tiny.  Booyah.


1 comment:

Kirk said...

Yep, my mobile company is so awesome they just mail me random gadgets for free.

i was about to call and cancel my service right then.