Monday, September 17, 2007

Those Poor Canuks.

I just entered a sweepstakes at my preferred travel deal provider by referring a couple friends to them.  I feel fine about it because 1) the service is cool and free with good deals on travel and accommodations 2) they are under no pressure to subscribe 3) they will also be entered into the sweepstakes, should they decide to subscribe.  Anyway, the prize is all 20 hot travel deals included in the next tip, things like flights to Atlanta, cruises to Bermuda, or hotels in St Thomas that throw in airfare.  Sounds good to me, I'll take it.

So I read through the rules after I'd entered to see when this was gonna happen and I noticed a special section just for Canadians:

FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY:

Before being declared a winner, if the potential winner is a legal resident of Canada, he or she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, provided by Sponsor via e-mail. The potential winner must correctly answer the time-limited mathematical skilled testing question and send the answer to Sponsor within twenty four (24) hours of Sponsor sending the question by e-mail to the potential winner. The answer must be faxed to: [REDACTED] If Sponsor does not receive the answer within the specified time period, the potential winner forfeits the Prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, conduct another random drawing of all remaining eligible Entries to select another potential winner.

Holy crap, that sucks.  Canadians have to work for their free prizes.  See, that's what's great about America.  We don't have any special rules to ensure that ignorant people don't win fabulous prizes. Its equal opportunity charity over here, boys.  And you think you're all socially just.

P.S. No I'm not gonna tell you how to enter, that would only reduce my odds.  What am I, an idiot?

No comments: