Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Welcome To The Jungle.

We got fun n games.  Looks like the NY Times heard about this Internet thing and how a lot of people are giving their stuff away for free.  I know, I know.  It sounds crazy; what is this, some communist utopia?  Nah, it just turns out there are better ways to make money than charging $49.95 for a yearly subscription.  (unless you're a pr0n site)  See, 227,000 users is actually not very many even if they're ponying up fifty bones a head.  Mostly the tech staff looked at some tracking data an noticed that a lot of page-loads were not coming from nytimes.com but from referring sites.  Odd, its almost as if this interweb was designed to promote linking related articles.  Or maybe they caught wind of one of those articles about how most news consumption is extremely promiscuous.  I know I am.  Hell, if The Post knew what I did with the AP News feed it'd never talk to me again.

No comments: