Friday, April 20, 2007

But We Do What They're Doing.

Why do we allow Ticketmaster to continue to exist?  This is possibly the worst system in the world for consumers.  A single company controls access to all of a commodity and lobbies against and harangues anyone that may try to provide a similar service.  Yeah, that'll make those surcharges hover in the as-much-as-they-can-squeeze-out-of-us range.

Well, I'm proud to say that I took a stand this week.  I took a 30 min metro ride during rush hour to buy tickets from the box office, rather than pay their service charge.  Yeah, my time, metro fare and aggravation may have made the $18 tax on two tickets worthwhile.  But honestly its more about sticking it to Ticketmaster.  I'd still have done it if I lost money just to rub it in their faces.

No comments: