Monday, April 23, 2007

Under Dressed.

I went to a concert on Friday in the city.  As I waited out front for the other members of my party, I sized up the other patrons entering the theatre.  It was an odd mix, but resulted in an amusing show.  Anyway, as I waited I saw person after person wearing VT hats, jerseys, ribbons, and even with their faces painted.  I began to think I missed a memo, I mean, I knew some bad shit went down there last week.  But why the hell are you all wearing VT gear?  This is a concert for a semi-popular group from Newfoundland and we're in DC.  There's no direct link, right?  Do you really need to show your support for the victims of disaster (or crime) by wearing their products?  And furthermore, does it make me a dick for not?  Am I saying, by my conspicuous choice of grey t-hirt and unpainted face, that I do not support the VT students and families?  Cause that wasn't my intention, I just didn't think that my wearing a hokies shirt would make them feel better.  Course I don't really get "compassion" and "support" anyway so...

No comments: