Thursday, April 12, 2007

China Goes Overboard On Women's Rights.

I'm all for women's rights, you all can do whatever you want.  Treating people equally doesn't detract anything from me.  But this idea for a woman-town in China sounds a little bonkers. 

China is to create the world's first 'Woman Town' where women make all the decisions and disobedient men face punishments.
The slogan: "A woman never makes a mistake. A man can never reject a woman's request" will be carved into the town gates.
A disobedient man will be punished by kneeling on an uneven wooden board or by washing dishes in a restaurant.

What the fuck?  I'm sure there must be more to it than this.  Am I crazy or does that sound like a terrible idea?  I'm sure not hoping in line to get in there.  But maybe that's the point, it'll create a man vacuum and the innate superiority of woman will manifest a commune utopia.  And any man that wants to see it will have to submit to being led around on a leash.

No comments: