Monday, April 07, 2008

ABSOLUT World Domination.

Wow, Absolut has strayed from their venerable "stuff shaped like a bottle" ad campaign into strange waters. This ad in Mexico "hearkens to a time which the population of Mexico may feel was more ideal" to quote the apologetic press release to United Statesians after they caught a glimpse of the vaguely subversive poster. I'm not really sure if this would make me want to drink vodka if I were Mexican, but it doesn't as an American. Not that I'm angry about the suggestion that we took a crapload of land from our neighbors, I just think its ineffective. Its more like a "don't you wish we didn't lose that war?" ad campaign. Which I think would elicit a reaction of "Well, yeah, thanks for rubbing lemon on that gash. Ass."

I took the Liberty of mocking one up below for distribution in the US. No need to thank me by sending a case of product to my house, cash will work just fine. I'd hate to see the version they released in Germany.




No comments: