Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm Coming Up To The Booth.

I went to a Caps game on Tuesday, it was pretty fun and I actually still know how most of the rules work from the days when I litigiously played video game hockey. (If you judge from my childhood my favorite sports are hockey and wrestling followed closely by baseball; although the last was mostly about getting that stick of petrified gum) The Caps whooped up on the Canes, but that's not what I'm here to tell you about. I'm here to talk about the draft... Err, the giveaway. The announcer told everyone in section 224 to stand up and look under their seats for a gold star. The lucky fan who found it would win a brand new DVD entertainment system. So the jumbo-screen-tron shows them all hop up and eagerly snoop around on the floor. Seconds drag by and everyone starts looking around to see if their neighbor is the winner. The announcer comes on again and says "and the winner is... No one! April Fools!" It was pretty funny cause I wasn't in section 224. I'm pretty sure I woulda been a little sore cause I'd completely forgotten that it was still April first after a hard day of filtering BS on the Internets.

No comments: