Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let Me Get My Pundit Piñata Bat.

Yeah, I heard about the Obama "gaffe". And I know I'm not from western Pennsylvania, but I don't care. Sure generalizations can be unfair, but everyone generalizes and you can't pretend to be shocked when it happens. Especially when these clowns are running for office. You're nothing but a segment of a demographic that is either all wrapped up, or still in progress. I like to play "who are they appealing to now?" where you try to guess what contingent a particular statement is crafted to speak to. Because you can't satisfy everyone, you just walk the middle like of all these conflicting viewpoints and hope that enough of them find you less unappealing than the next guy. Or girl.

Well, shit, maybe I'm part of the elitist contingent, cause I think folks calling him out for being "elitist" are effing morons. Of course he's elitist; they're all elitist. Sure, maybe they appeal to the working class or talk about their simple roots; but they're competing for the most powerful executive position in the world. Maybe they should think they're better than someone else. Maybe they should be better than someone else. John Stuart agrees with me; lets go ahead and pick an elitist . We tried going the other way before. It didn't work out so great.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jon "Stuart"? I mean, yeah, John Stuart, that guy from that comedy show that's on like each day, that the "media" thinks has so much sway over me, he's alright I guess, but I prefer to think for myself and am way too cool for hero worship, or to have a visceral reaction to someone misspelling one of my "heroes'" names.

jeadly said...

No, John Stuart Mill, the 19th century philosopher and political economist.

Unknown said...

...still misspelled...

jeadly said...

Don't you have some kind of life altering test to study for instead of hassling me about my typing?