Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Maps To Rock Your World.

Remember a while ago when Microsoft thought they were hott shit with their virtual earth or whatever those still images of storefronts was called?  Well check out Google's new street view on Google maps.  Right off the bat its faster than Microsoft's was plus you can drag the camera angle left and right.  It looks damn good too, with some kind of not-quite 3d effect.  Spend a little time dragging the little yellow man around San Francisco and I'm sure you'll be asking "How long till my city is in here?"

1 comment:

Five Cubed Skipper said...

they must have a google van with video cameras all over the top of it driving aroung and taking these shots. There are ton of images and they seem to link up together fairly well. Though it does seem like I'm high, just floating through the streets of Miami, New York or San Fran with the edges of my vision blurring as I look around for where to try to get my feet back on the ground.